Contraindications and Cautions
Use of products containing eucalyptus in individuals with known allergy to eugenol, inflammatory conditions of GI tract or biliary duct and severe hepatic conditions is not allowed.
Avoid using the product in the vicinity of the face or close to the nose in infants and young children.
Rarely, redness of skin, urticaria, itching and rash has been observed. With the recommended amounts, no adverse reaction needs to be expected.
- Essential oil of eucalyptus stimulates the enzymatic system of hepatic toxin removal; therefore, the efficacy of other drugs, such as phenobarbital and amphetamine might be reduced.
- In case of concomitant use with hypoglycemic agents, constant monitoring of blood sugar and signs and symptoms of hypoglycemia is necessary.
- Avoid concomitant use with barbiturates or herbal drugs containing pyrrolizidine alkaloids, like borage.
Administration during Pregnancy and Lactation
Safety of eucalyptus during pregnancy has not been approved; however, in years of use, eucalyptus has not been a threat to health.
- NOT EDIBLE.
- Keep Eucalyptus Inhaler, like all other medication, away from sight and reach of children.
- Tightly close the container right after use.
- Keep the medicine away from light and in 15-30°C.
- Keep this leaflet; you may need to read it again.