Department of Formulation
Barij Essence Pharmaceutical Company
Today relevant information regarding the field of pharmaceutical medicines is subject to a great deal of worldwide attention. There are multiple perspectives in regards to the use of plants for medicinal purposes. Many people are pursuing to entirely replace chemical medicines with herbal ones, they believe that this form of treatment is completely in line with the natural human body and they do not hesitate to use any kind of herbs. On the other hand, there are those who are reluctant to the use of herbs because of their misplaced belief that plants have no effect. The latter view is due to a lack of information regarding scientific evidence of the use and effectiveness of these drugs or a lack of information about herbal medicines in traditional medical books. A further reason that inhibits some people from using medicinal plants is their dislike for the taste and smell as well as a lack of knowledge regarding its method of use. Thus, medicinal plants with the different mechanisms of action must come into the appropriate form in order to be favored by consumers. One of the most important operations of a pharmaceutical company is the process of formulation and its main activities are as follows:
1. Designing and selecting the method of manufacturing pharmaceutical products, including syrups, drops, creams, gels, ointments, tablets, capsules, and so on.
2. Selecting the appropriate excipient for each pharmaceutical form.
3. Pre-formulation of each pharmaceutical form.
4. Optimizing the manufacturing method for each pharmaceutical form.
5. Formulating the medicine according to the documentation and the previous steps to prepare a test batch
6. Performing all the physiochemical and stability tests on the test batch
Another operation in the formulation unit is research on improving formulas according to market needs. Furthermore, research in the field of cosmetic products also takes place in this unit.
1. Study the effects of natural antioxidants in pharmaceutical products
2. Study the use of nanotechnology in herbal medicines
3. Study the use of nanotechnology in cosmetic products
1. Mohammad Reza Memarzadeh—Head of the Formulation Department (PhD Student in Physical Chemistry)
2. Gholam Abbas Dana—Formulation Laboratory Technician (Diploma)